Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Game Day Beer Review: Brasserie de Tahiti Hinano American Adjunct Lager





(5.00% ABV)  Drunk in the pleasantly dim interior of Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at DisneylandHinano pours a pale gold color, as clear as a bell, with a rather luscious white head of foam.




The smell is rather vague, but bready would be the way I would choose to best describe it if pushed. I'm also getting a whiff of corn.

The flavor is about average for a macro-style lager. I'm getting primarily corn flavor, with just a trailing hint of honey. It's got a decent mouthfeel, pleasantly tingly on the tongue, and goes down rather easily.




It's not a beer I would drink regularly, but given its rarity for this non west-coaster -- this is the first time I've seen Hinano since a trip to Tahiti a decade or so ago -- it's one I'd try again. B-

No comments:

Post a Comment