With the Premier and Champions League seasons over and now the summer transfer season upon us, I thought it time to chime in with some random musings:
- How appropriate are QPR’s court jester jersey’s considering they have the biggest clown in the Premier League as their captain: Joey Barton (yes Correspondent Ed, I’m piling on). Barton really has no place in the BPL and as long as QPR keeps him they get what they deserve.
- Now that Chelsea in looking to sign the Hulk, Roman Abramovic has to go after Thor, Iron Man and Captain America. We here at farlieonfootie will keep Black Widow (aka Scarlett Johansson).
- While Didier Drogba was definitely a star in Chelsea’s miraculous Champions League win, the real MVP of their run in my book was Ashley Cole. His play was absolutely brilliant.
- Tottenham Coldspur's stumble into the finish cost them a coveted Champions League spot. It will be interesting to see how many players this will cost them, as players look for Champions League teams (Modric to Man United, anyone?!).
- Arsenal can thank Coldspurs for their Champions League spot. Now they need to get a real defense if they want to compete. Oh, yeah, they also better re-sign RVP. Without him, they will be battling to avoid relegation.
- If Paul Lambert ends up at Villa, watch out. He did an amazing job at Norwich and their 3-3 draw with Aresenal in the penultimate game was a testament to how hard his team played for him. Villa is supposed to have some excellent young talent and look for Lambert to get the most out of it.
- Now that Liverpool has signed Brendan Rodgers they need to clean house and clean up their image. Personally, I would say good riddance to Luis Suarez and his constant diving (sorry, Scott).
With the transfer rumors continuing to fly fast and furiously it should be a fun summer.
This is farlieonfootie for June 3.
Post a Comment