Saturday, April 7, 2012

Game Day Beer Review: North Coast Brewing Pranqster Belgian Strong Pale Ale


(7.7% ABV)  Poured from the bottle into a chalice, Pranqster was a thick orange color, with some suspended particles visible. There was a slight head noticeable, although it didn't stick around very long.

The smell was sweet oranges, clove, and a certain Belgian spiciness.  I got yeast upfront upon tasting, followed by a zesty citrus.  This beer has a great, bubbly mouthfeel, and is perfectly balanced. The flavors seem to blend from one right into the next.



I love this beer. It's easy to look past North Coast on the shelf because I see it so often, but I never regret my decision to buy their beers. They are ultra-dependable, and always delicious. If you're trying to introduce a friend or family member to craft beer, there aren't many better breweries to expose them to than this Northern California gem. A

No comments:

Post a Comment