Saturday, September 3, 2011

Game Day Beer Review: North Peak Brewing Burly Belgo India Pale Ale





(6.50% ABV). Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass, Burly is a deep, peachy-reddish color with a thick, fluffy head that leaves behind less lacing than I would have expected. There's a lot going on in the nose: I get malt and clove and coriander spices, in addition to  pine and mellow hops.


The taste is rich, and fuller than I would have expected, and ever so smooth.  It's like a Belgian-American lovechild: light, delicate mouthfeel, combined with a real IPA flavors.

I like this perhaps best of any of the IPAs I've tried recently. It doesn't feel like they're trying to blow the roof off the beer (or my mouth) with hops, and the beer's delicious aftertaste lingers lovingly on the tongue. I love the stubby bottle, too. 


It's a classic, just wish I could find it in South Florida: A.


No comments:

Post a Comment