Saturday, January 7, 2012

Game Day Beer Review: Crispin Cider Honey Crisp Artisanal Reserve



Poured from a 650 ml bottle into a modified pilsner glass, Honey Crisp entered the glass as a pear-colored white with tons of fizziness. It sounded and fizzed almost like a ginger ale....

Before I can even lift the glass to my nose, the smell of apples permeates the air. Upon smelling it a bit closer, though, you can detect the honey, as well.

I did as instructed, and poured the cider over ice in a glass. More and more, I find myself enjoying cider this way -- maybe it's the South Florida heat...?  Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see it's not just me....

The apples are more muted at the beginning of the taste, but they're there in all their glory at the end. It's a little sweeter than some other Fall ciders, but it's also a lot smoother. It tastes like Fall in a glass. 


Recommended for those late Fall Indian Summer days -- also known as winter in Miami: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment