|photo by Miriam Poppe||via PhotoRee|
Scott has some final thoughts about the Final:
- Germany didn't look nearly as dangerous as they have in previous games but they did just enough.
I can't help thinking that a healthy DiMaria might have swung this game the other way.
- That was a spectacular take and finish by Goetze.
- Messi looked so dangerous throughout and it was almost a pity to see him go home empty handed. His last gasp free kick, however, perhaps belied his concentration.
- I never thought I would see they day when more Germans were diving than South Americans.
- Except for getting the Neuer/Higuain clatter spectacularly wrong, this was a well-officiated game.
- I really love how the refs were instructed to hold their cards as the more free-flowing games were very entertaining. Only the Brazil-Colombia game got out of hand.
- Is Muller a diver? He sure went down easily a couple of times.
- Higuain blew 2 primo chances - the first because it seems he is intimidated by Neuer and couldn't get a 1 on 1 shot even on target and the other because he doesn't seem to understand the concept of offside even when he has a clear view of the last defender.
- Manuel Neuer is a studly sweeper-keeper. Did you see him take the throw in!?
- Argentina chicks are hot.
- Ian Darke is one of the best announcers ever - astute, witty, knowledgeable and gracious. Plus, I feel like I'm playing FIFA Soccer on the Wii when he speaks.
- Schweinsteiger looked like the Allstate mayhem guy by the end of the game.
- Bottom line - this game could have gone either way but Germany were the better team over the tournament so I suppose it's fitting that they won.
- Does Klinsmann get any credit?
Post a Comment