Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Game Day Beer Review: Unibroue Blonde de Chambly Saison



(5.0% ABV) I drank this beer at a place that ostensibly cares about the beer it serves, but my Blonde de Chambly was poured disturbingly into a Long Trail branded pint glass -- not really appealing when you're drinking a Unibroue, and particularly a Unibroue saison.    The beer had virtually no head at all when it showed up.

It was a murky gold color, and smelled primarily of yeast and citrus.   What smell there was, was very subtle, however.

Blonde de Chambly started off with the taste of white pepper, with some coriander spice thrown in for effect.  I got a tiny bit of lemon taste at the end.  The beer is elegantly dry, and the overall effect is more spicy than citrusy.

It's different than most other saisons I've had over the years.  It's good, but I'm not sure it's great: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment