Monday, August 15, 2011

Game Day Beer Review: Coast Brewing 32/50 Kolsch

photo by Calwebvia PhotoRee

Beer: Coast Brewing 32/50 Kolsch

ABV: 4.80%

Appearance: Pale yellow with many many streaming bubbles, hazy like a wheat beer, and voluminous white head.

Smell: Flowery with spicy notes - very pleasing.

Taste: Crisp with a touch of noble hops bouncing through refreshing bursts of carbonation. Dry, clean and smooth finish.

Overall: My first American Kolsch and the best I've had of this style - possibly one the best beers I've had, period. Crisp but still complex enough to hold the interest, with an ABV worthy to relieve end-of-day stress.

Perhaps the quality owes a bit to my proximity to the brewery (located in Charleston, South Carolina), but I look forward to enjoying this for many years. A+

No comments:

Post a Comment